Currently, Dr. Michaud is involved as a Principal Investigator and Co-Investigator in multiple clinical trials. She is dedicated to expanding the scope of research in Interventional Pulmonology to include Industry Sponsored Clinical Trials, Health Services Research and Translational Research. In addition, she serves as the Co-Chair of the Research Committee for the American Association of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology.
Extensive Research Description
Study of the AeriSeal System for Hyperinflation Reduction in Emphysema (ASPIRE)
- Randomized controlled trial designed to evaluate the safety and efficacy of the AeriSeal system, a foam sealant delivered through a bronchoscope to reduce lung volume in patients with severe upper lobe predominant emphysema.
Lung Volume Reduction Coil for Treatment in Patients with Emphysema (RENEW)
- Randomized controlled trial that evaluates the safety and efficacy of a lung volume reduction coil designed to reduce the impact of dynamic hyperinflation in patients with both heterogeneous and homogeneous severe emphysema.
Inflammatory Profile of Malignant Pleural Effusions
- Prospective cohort study to evaluate the natural history of the inflammatory milieu in malignant pleural effusions.
Airway Epithelium Gene Expression in the Diagnosis of Lung Cancer
- Prospective cohort study designed to determine the sensitivity and specificity of a gene array in the diagnosis of lung cancer.
Impact of Aggressive versus Standard Drainage Regimen Using a Long Term Indwelling Pleural Catheter on the Incidence of Auto-Pleurodesis in Patients with Malignant Pleural Effusions (The ASAP Study)
- Randomized controlled trial designed to evaluate the incidence of pleurodesis in patients with malignant pleural effusions status post tunneled pleural catheter insertion drained intermittently compared to those drained daily.
- Myers R, Michaud G. Tunneled Pleural Catheters: An Update for 2013. Clinics in Chest Medicine 2013; 34: 73-80.
- Sosa A, Michaud G. Metallic Stents in the Airway: Should We Continue to Use Them and Can We Remove Them. Current Respiratory Care Reports 2013; 2(1): 54-60.
- Erb C, Ernst A, Michaud G. The Business of Interventional Pulmonary. Clinics in Chest Medicine 2013; 34(3): 583-591.
- Nguyen, K.S.H, Sanford, R.A., Huberman, M.S., Goldstein, M.A., McDonald, D.M., Farquhar, M., Gangadharan, S.P., Kent, M.S., Michaud, G., Majid, A., Berman, S.M., Aronovitz, J.A., Nedea, E.A., Boiselle, P.M, Cohen, D.W., Kobayashi, S., Costa, D.B. Patterns
- Odell D D., Shah, A., Gangadharan, S., Majid, A., Michaud, G., Herth, F., Ernst, A. Airway Stenting and Tracheobronchoplasty Improve Respiratory Symptoms in Mounier-Kuhn Syndrome. CHEST 2011;140(4):867-873.
- Ernst, A., Odell, D., Michaud, G., Majid, A., Herth, F.J., Gangadharan, S. Central Airway Stabilization for Tracheobronchomalacia Improves Quality of Life in Patients With COPD. CHEST 2011;140(5):1162-1168.
- Michaud G, Berkowitz D, Ernst A. Pleuroscopy for diagnosis and therapy of pleural effusions. CHEST 2010; 138; 5: 1242-1246
- Tremblay A, Michaud G. Use of Tunneled Pleural Catheters in Malignant Mesothelioma. Journal of Bronchology 2005; 12:203-206