Kisha A Mitchell MD
Assistant Professor of Pathology; Director, Autopsy Services
Gastrointestinal; Liver Pathology; Forensic Pathology
Risk and prognostic factors in the development of early onset colon cancer.
I am particularly interested in the early onset of cancer of that gastrointestinal tract, mainly of that in the colon.
I am also interested in the development and prognosis of liver cancer.
Extensive Research Description
Gastrointestinal and Liver Pathology
Hereditary colon cancer
- Kenney B, Deny Y, MitchellK. Expression of p27, COX-2, MLH1, and MSH2 in young patients with colon carcinoma and correlation with morphologic findings. Hum Pathol. 2012 Oct 16. pii: S0046-8177(12)00243-2. doi: 10.1016/j.humpath.2012.07.003. [Epub ahead of print]
- Johncilla M, Mitchell KA. Pathology of the liver in copper overload.
Semin Liver Dis. 2011 Aug;31(3):239-44. Epub 2011 Sep 7. Review.
- Kisha A Mitchell, Scott R Owens, Anal carcinoma and its differential diagnoses, Diagn Histopathol 200814(2):61-67
- Kisha A Mitchell, Dhanpat Jain. The diagnostic approach to needle biopsy of hepatic mass lesions. Diagn Histopathol. 2008 Dec;14(12): 598-608.
- Mitchell KA, Owens SR. Differences in Germinal Center and Non-germinal Center Phenotype in Gastric and Intestinal Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphomas. Leuk Lymphoma. 2008 Sep;49(9):1717-23
- Kisha A Mitchell, A. Brian West. Vascular Disorders of the GIT. in Surgical Pathology of the GIT. Odze R and Goldblum J. eds. WB Saunders, 2nd ed. 2009.