Clinical Trial; Biostatistics; Comparative Effectiveness Research
Dr. Peduzzi’s primary research interests involve the design, conduct, and analysis of clinical trials and issues in multivariable analysis. He is currently Director of the Yale Center for Analytical Sciences. He was formerly the Director of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Cooperative Studies Program Coordinating Center in West Haven, Connecticut, which conducts multi-center, multi-national clinical trials and epidemiologic studies. Dr. Peduzzi’s current research activities involve the efficient design of clinical trials.
Specialized Terms:Clinical trials; Comparative effectiveness research; General statistical methods; Variable selection
- Peduzzi P, Kyriakides T, O’Connor TZ, Guarino P, Warren SR, Huang GD. Methodological issues in comparative effectiveness research: clinical trials. American Journal of Medicine 12 (supplement December 2010):e8-e15, 2010.
- Peduzzi, P.N., Henderson, W., Hartigan, P., and Lavori, P. Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials. Epidemiologic Reviews 24: 26-38, 2002.
- Peduzzi, P.N., Concato, J., Kemper, E., Holford, T.R., and Feinstein, A.R. A simulation study of the number of events per variable in logistic regression analysis. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology 49: 1373-1379, 1996.
- Peduzzi, P.N., Wittes, J., Detre, K., and Holford, T.R. Analyses as-randomized and the problem of the nonadherence: an example from the Veterans Affairs Randomized Trial of Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery. Statistics in Medicine 12: 1185-1195, 1993
- Peduzzi, P.N., Concato, J., Holford, T.R., and Feinstein, A.R. The importance of events per independent variable in multivariable analysis. II. Accuracy and precision of regression estimates. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology 48: 1503-1510, 1995
- Peduzzi, P.N., Detre, K.M., Chan, Y-K, Oberman, A., and Cutter, G.R. Validation of a risk function to predict mortality in a VA population with coronary artery disease. Controlled Clinical Trial 3: 47-60, 1982
- Peduzzi, P.N., Hardy, R.J., and Holford, T.R. A stepwise variable selection procedure for nonlinear regression models. Biometrics 36: 511-516, 1980