Robert Dubrow MD, PhD
Associate Professor of Epidemiology (Chronic Diseases)
Glioma; Glioblastoma; HIV-related malignancies; immunosuppression and cancer
- Patterns of care and outcomes for malignant glioma
- Time trends in cancer causes of death among HIV-infected persons
- Antiretroviral therapy strategies to lower cancer risk in HIV-infected persons
Dr. Dubrow’s research focuses on two areas: glioma and HIV-related malignancies. He has published on the descriptive epidemiology of glioma, dietary risk factors for glioma, and glioblastoma outcomes. With regard to HIV-related malignancies, he has published on liver cancer, anal cancer, and lung cancer in HIV-infected persons. Current projects include studies of patterns of care and outcomes for glioblastoma patients, time trends in cancer causes of death among HIV-infected persons, and HIV-induced immunosuppression in relation to cancer risk.
Extensive Research Description
- Dubrow R, Darefsky AS, Freedman ND, Hollenbeck AR, Sinha R. Coffee, tea, soda, and caffeine intake in relation to risk of adult glioma in the NIH-AARP Diet and Health Study. Cancer Causes Control 2012;23:757-768.
- Darefsky AS, King JT Jr, Dubrow R. Adult glioblastoma multiforme survival in the temozolomide era: a population-based analysis of Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results registries. Cancer 2012;118:2163-2172.
- Silverberg MJ, Lau B, Justice AC, Engels E, Gill MJ, Goedert JJ, Kirk GD, D’Souza G, Bosch RJ, Brooks JT, Napravnik S, Hessol NA, Jacobson LP, Kitahata MM, Klein MB, Moore RD, Rodriguez B, Rourke SB, Saag MS, Sterling TR, Gebo KA, Press N, Martin JN, and Dubrow R for the North American AIDS Cohort Collaboration on Research and Design (NA-ACCORD) of IeDEA. Risk of anal cancer in HIV-infected and HIV-uninfected individuals in North America. Clin Infect Dis 2012;54:1026-1034.
- Sigel K, Wisnivesky J, Gordon K, Dubrow R, Justice A, Brown ST, Goulet J, Butt AA, Crystal S, Rimland D, Rodriguez-Barradas M, Gibert C, Park L, Crothers K. HIV as an independent risk factor for incident lung cancer. AIDS 2012;26:1017-1025.
- Dubrow R, Darefsky AS. Demographic variation in incidence of adult glioma by subtype, United States, 1992-2007. BMC Cancer 2011;11:325.
- Bassig BA, Inskip PD, Burdette L, Shapiro WR, Selker RG, Fine HA, Loeffler JS, Black PM, Dubrow R, Brenner AV. Selected hHuman leukocyte antigen class II polymorphisms and risk of adult glioma. J Neuroimmunol 2011;233:185-191.
- Park LS, Tate JP, Justice AC, Lo Re III V, Lim JK, Bräu N, Brown ST, Butt AA, Gibert C, Goetz MB, Rimland D, Rodriguez-Barradas MC, Dubrow R. FIB-4 index is associated with hepatocellular carcinoma risk in HIV-infected patients. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2011;20:2512-2517.
- Silverberg MJ, Chao C, Leyden WA, Xu L, Horberg MA, Klein D, Towner WJ, Dubrow R, Quesenberry CP Jr, Neugebauer RS, Abrams DI. HIV infection, immunodeficiency, viral replication and the risk of cancer. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2011;20:2551-2559.
- Moore SC, Rajaraman P, Dubrow R, Darefsky AS, Koebnick C, Hollenbeck A, Schatzkin, Leitzmann MF. Height, body mass index, and physical activity in relation to glioma risk. Cancer Res 2009;69:8349-8355.
- Darefsky AS, Dubrow R. International variation in the incidence of adult primary malignant neoplasms of the brain and central nervous system. Cancer Causes Control 2009;20:1593-1604.