Walther H Mothes PhD
Associate Professor of Microbial Pathogenesis
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Microbiology | Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development
Microbial Pathogenesis: Mothes Lab
cell biology; retroviral replication; retroviruses; immune; viral biology; genetic; biochemical; cell imaging; Viral entry and exit; Retroviruses including HIV more...
- B.C., Humboldt University of Berlin, 1993
- Ph.D., Humboldt University of Berlin, 1998
- Munro JB, Gorman J, Ma X, Zhou Z, Arthos J, Burton DR, Koff WC, Courter JR, Smith AB 3rd, Kwong PD, Blanchard SC and Mothes W: Conformational dynamics of single HIV-1 envelope trimers on the surface of native virions. (2014). Science. Epub 2014 Oct 8.
- Pancera M, Zhou T, Druz A, Georgiev IS, Soto C, Gorman J, Huang J, Acharya P, Chuang GY, Ofek G, Stewart-Jones GB, Stuckey J, Bailer RT, Joyce MG, Louder MK, Tumba N, Yang Y, Zhang B, Cohen MS, Haynes BF, Mascola JR, Morris L, Munro JB, Blanchard SC, Mothes W, Connors M and Kwong PD: Structure and immune recognition of trimeric pre-fusion HIV-1 Env. (2014) Nature. Epub 2014 Oct 8.
- Agosto LM, Zhong P, Munro J and Mothes W: Highly active antiretroviral therapies are effective against HIV-1 cell-to-cell transmission. (2014). PLoS Pathog. 2014 Feb;10 (2) :e1003982. Epub 2014 Feb 27.