Jack A Elias MD
Waldemar Von Zedtwitz Professor of Medicine and Professor of Immunobiology; Chair, Department of Internal Medicine
Departments & Organizations
Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Immunology | Molecular Medicine, Pharmacology, and Physiology
Yale Medical Group
Vascular Biology and Therapeutics Program
Internal Medicine: Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine: Winchester Chest Clinic; Asthma and Airways Disease, Yale Center for; COPD Center; Research - Asthma; Research - COPD; Research; Elias LabPrimary Care Residency Program | Traditional Residency Program
Immunology and Immunotherapy
Cell and Molecular biology of lung injury and repair; Asthma; COPD; Pulmonary fibrosis; acute lung injury; Cytokines; Inflammation; Internal Medicine; Pulmonary Diseases; Transgenic mice; genetically modified mice; Emphysema; Fibrosis; Inflammation more...
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 1973
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1976
- Chupp, G.L., Lee, C.G., Jarjour, N., Shim, Y.M., Holm, C.T., He, S., Dziura, J.D., Reed, J., Coyle, A.J., Kiener, P., Cullen, M., Grandsaigne, M., Dombret-M-C., Aubier, M., Pretolani, M. and Elias, J.A. (2007). A chitinase-like protein in the lung and circulation of patients with severe asthma. N. Engl. J. Med. 357:2016-2027.
- Kang, H-R, Lee, C.G., Homer, R.J. and Elias, J.A. (2007). Semaphorin 7A plays a critical role in TGF-b1-induced pulmonary fibrosis and alveolar destruction. J. Exp. Med. 204:1083-1093.
- Blackburn, M.R., Lee, C.G., Young, H.W.J., Chunn, J.L., Banerjee, S.K. and Elias, J.A. Adenosine is an important mediator of IL-13 induced inflammation in the lung: Evidence for anIL-13-adenosine amplification pathway. J. Clin. Invest. 112: 332-334, 2003.