Dr. Gary Friedlaender discusses how he cares for patients with sarcoma using a multidisciplinary approach.
To CiteDCA Citation Guide
- 00:00I'm Gary, friedlander.
- 00:02I'm the Wayne. O Southwick professor
- 00:05of Orthopedics and rehabilitation.
- 00:07My subspecialty is
- 00:09musculoskeletal oncology, lumps and
- 00:11bumps of the musculoskeletal system. I
- 00:14couldn't begin to take care
- 00:17of cancer patients without
- 00:19colleagues and partnering it.
- 00:21It's built into the process we get together.
- 00:26By telephone we get together in the hallway.
- 00:29We get together formally at tumor conferences
- 00:32or tumor boards on a weekly basis.
- 00:35And and we are a team.
- 00:38My responsibilities as a team member.
- 00:41Are primarily surgical, but not entirely.
- 00:45Other people on the team include
- 00:48the medical oncologists,
- 00:50the radiation oncologists,
- 00:51the pathologists,
- 00:52the radiologists and all of the
- 00:56nurses and social service.
- 00:59Workers and providers that are necessary
- 01:01to help people through this this journey,
- 01:04I just think it's important that that
- 01:07people understand that we're here for them.
- 01:10They're why we they are.
- 01:13Why we are here and they
- 01:15they are the blessings.