Write Haiku, a very short form of Japanese poetry
1. The entire poem consists of just three lines, totaling 17 syllables
2. The first line of every haiku has 5 syllables
3. The second line has 7 syllables
4. The third line has 5 syllables. (Typically this line of the poem makes an observation)
5. Punctuation and capitalization are up to the poet, and need not follow rules
6. A haiku poem usually does not rhyme
Write and send your original Haiku for this project to
Now for the Arts, Illustrators?
1. Illustrators will select from a Haiku that has been sent in to us for this project and create original artwork. For detailsor call 203.200.6129
2. The illustration should be a narrative or interpretation that captures the feeling of the poem. It can provide emphasis or accentuate a particular text.
3. Use the art media of choice and incorporate the Haiku text into your project.