September 19 – 23 is National Postdoc Appreciation Week. First, we wanted to take this opportunity to thank the 135 postdoctoral researchers in the Department of Internal Medicine. Your daily efforts help to advance scientific discovery across the many disciplines within our department. Second, we wanted to share some local activities in support of National Postdoc Appreciation Week, which are sponsored locally by the Yale Office for Postdoctoral Affairs, the Yale Postdoctoral Association, and the Yale Black Postdoctoral Association.
- National Postdoc Appreciation Week: Yale Postdoc Virtual Resource Fair, 12 p.m. on Zoom. Register here.
- Incorporating Interpersonal Mindfulness Into Your Life, 2 p.m. on Zoom. Register here.
- Postdoc Writing Group Kickoff, 1 - 4 p.m. at the Poorvu Center. Registration link forthcoming.
- Coffee and cookies grab and go with therapy dogs, 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. at the Med School, Science Hill, and West Campus. Click location to register.
- Tips for Eating Healthy with a Busy Schedule, 2 p.m. on Zoom. Register here.
- Self-Compassion Break Meditation Session, 1:30 p.m. on Zoom. Register here.
- YPA Happy Hour. Registration link forthcoming.
Throughout the week, 9/19-23:
- National Postdoc Association (NPA) Virtual Events. Full list here.
We are all grateful for your contributions and hope you are able to celebrate next week.
Gary V. Désir, MD
Paul B. Beeson Professor of Medicine
Vice Provost for Faculty Development and Diversity
Chair, Internal Medicine, Yale School of Medicine
Chief, Internal Medicine, Yale New Haven Hospital
Mark Holter, CMPE, CPA
Vice Chair, Finance & Administration