Chilled Cucumber and Yogurt Soup
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, thick stems removed
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped (about 4 C)
- 2 C plain nonfat yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 2 C water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a food processor or blender, with motor running, drop in the garlic and dill and puree. Stop the machine, add the cucumbers, and pulse until finely chopped. Add the yogurt, water, oil, honey, salt, and pepper and pulse 2 or 3 times just to combine. Do not over process.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. If the soup thickens too much, dilute with ice cubes.
Nutrition Information per serving
• Calories 80, Fat (g) 2.5, Carbohydrates (g) 11, Dietary fiber (g) 1, Sugars (g) 9, Protein (g) 5, Sodium (mg) 830
Recipe from What to Eat During Cancer Treatment by Jeanne Besser, Kristina Ratley, RD, CSO, LDN, Sheri Knecht, RD, CSO, CNSD, LDN, and Michele Szafranski, MS, RD, CSO, LDN Sponsored by the American Cancer Society