Fruity Morning Oatmeal
- 1 ¾ C low fat milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 C old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar, optional
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the milk and salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium, stir in the oats and apple and cook, stirring occasionally until thickened.
- Just before servings, sprinkle with brown sugar
Nutrition Information per serving
• Calories 270, Fat (g) 5, Carbohydrates (g) 46, Dietary fiber (g) 5, Sugar (g) 17, Protein (g) 13, Sodium (mg) 250
Recipe from What to Eat During Cancer Treatment by Jeanne Besser, Kristina Ratley, RD, CSO, LDN, Sheri Knecht, RD, CSO, CNSD, LDN, and Michele Szafranski, MS, RD, CSO, LDN Sponsored by the American Cancer Society