- 4 quarts of water
- 2 large chicken or vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 pound okra
- 1-2 C cooked orzo or fine pasta
- Wash the okra and cut the 2 ends off. For stronger, more gelatinous soup, slice the okra in smaller pieces
- Add chopped okra to pot; add 4 quarts of water and chicken or vegetable bouillon and bring to a boil. Simmer for 1 hour
- After boiling, remove all okra to avoid small seeds
- Add orzo or fine pasta. Serve.
4 servings (1 C)
Nutrition Information per serving
• Calories 67-95, Fat (g) 0.5, Carbohydrate (g) 17-25, Protein (g) 3.5-5, Sodium (mg) 483
Okra can feel as though it is coating the throat, making it easier to swallow for those patients with odynophagia (painful swallowing).
Recipe from oncologynutrition.org