Pita Pesto Pizza
- 1 whole wheat or plain pita, split open
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 6 to 8 slices ripe tomato
- ¼ C crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ C shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Place pitas, rough side up, on the baking sheet and spread each half with 1 tablespoon pesto. Top each piece with tomato slices. Sprinkle with feta, mozzarella, and olives.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese melts and bread crisps.
2 servings (1/2 pita)
Nutrition Information per serving
• Calories 225, Fat (g) 11, Carbohydrates (g) 22, Dietary fiber (g) 4, Sugars (g) 3, Protein (g) 11, Sodium (mg) 650
Recipe from What to Eat During Cancer Treatment by Jeanne Besser, Kristina Ratley, RD, CSO, LDN, Sheri Knecht, RD, CSO, CNSD, LDN, and Michele Szafranski, MS, RD, CSO, LDN Sponsored by the American Cancer Society