- ¼ C all-purpose flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb “thinly sliced” boneless, skinless chicken breasts or full sized breasts pounded to even thickness
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 C reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons capers
- On a plate, combine the flour and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Lightly dredge the chicken in the flour.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the oil. Sauté the garlic for 1 minute. Add the chicken and cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until golden and just cooked through. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add the broth and lemon juice to the skillet and bring to a boil. Boil until the sauce has reduced by about half, scraping up any browned bits clinging to the pan.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, add the capers, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Information per serving
• Calories 225, Fat (g) 10, Carbohydrates (g) 8, Dietary fiber (g) 0, Sugars (g) 1, Protein (g) 26, Sodium (mg) 310