Medication Assistance Program
Launched in 2010, the Medication Assistance Program (MAP) at Smilow Cancer Hospital assists patients with high out-of-pocket costs for their chemotherapy and cancer care medications. This includes medication replacement, in which pharmaceutical companies provide medicine free of charge; and co-pay assistance, in which foundations or institutions cover a patient’s co-pays. MAP coordinators collaborate across the Yale New Haven Health System to enroll patients in manufacturer and foundation funded medication assistance programs. This allows cancer patients to focus on their physical and mental health, rather than the burden of their medical expenses.
Contact the Medication Assistance Program Coordinator in your area for the most up-to-date program requirements and availability.
Smilow Cancer Hospital, Lawrence & Memorial and Westerly Hospital
- Ador Fernandez Phone: 203-430-1259 Fax: 203-200-1509
- Shirley Rodriguez Phone: 203-506-0512 Fax: 203-200-1509
Smilow Cancer Hospital Care Centers: Guilford, Old Saybrook, Saint Raphael Campus, Waterford
- Brenda L. Sepulveda Phone: 203-584-6495 Fax: 203-387-5730
- Maritza Udeokoro Phone: 203-584-6578 Fax: 203-387-5730
- Paul Villarreal Phone: 203-506-0184 Fax: 203-387-5730
- Khem Srey Phone: 203-584-6893 Fax: 203-387-5730
Bridgeport Hospital / Milford Hospital
- Michelle Adorno Phone: 203-384-3306 Fax: 203-330-7440