Due to the increasing concern regarding community spread of COVID-19, Smilow Cancer Hospital has limited visitor access to patients at the hospital and its outpatient facilities. We know in-person visits provide support and reassurance and we understand that visitation restrictions can be very unsettling to patients and family members alike. To prevent the spread of the disease and to protect the health and safety of patients, visitors and staff, effective immediately:
There is no visitation to hospitalized patients due to the highly contagious nature of COVID-19. Rare exceptions to this policy may be made at the discretion of the patient’s clinical team and we will do our best to accommodate exceptions where possible. Our first priority is to protect the health of our patients, visitors and staff.
Exceptions can be made for:
• One visitor to receive discharge instructions to provide care at home.
• Patients that are at Imminent End of Life, two visitors allowed. Once visitors leave, they may not re-enter.
• Exceptions will also be made for patients with disabilities who may need a support person with them for support.
• When patients are under the supervision of DDS, staff will work with DDS to determine appropriate visitation to meet a patient’s needs.
• Patients coming in on day of surgery can have one support person with them.
• Inpatients that have a planned surgery or procedure may have one visitor between 2p-6p the day prior to the surgery or procedure.
*effective as of 11/10/20