Sexuality, Intimacy, and Menopause Program
What types of patients do we see?
Women who experience:
• Changes in sexual function as a result of chemotherapy, radiation, or surgery for cancer
• Menopause symptoms as a side eff ect of their cancer treatment
• Early menopause or sexual changes aft er surgery for cancer risk reduction
What we provide
• Menopause symptom management
• Resources for cancer survivors on maintaining sexual health
• Access to complementary and supportive services
• Access to individual and couples counseling
What to expect from your appointment
Our team will first discuss your medical and cancer history as well as what type of treatment you have had. You will be asked about symptoms of menopause and sexual problems, such as hot flashes, night sweats, changes in sexual desire, painful intercourse, vaginal dryness, or changes in mood or sleep patterns. Depending on the symptoms you are experiencing, you may have a gynecologic exam. The team will then discuss options for management of your symptoms and improvement in sexual health. You will also have the opportunity to talk about emotional and relationship issues affecting your life. After initial evaluation, women can be followed in our program for symptom management and treatment. Women are welcome to bring partners to their appointment.