The Yale New Haven Hospital Mobile Mammography Van helps to provide convenience and easy access to screening mammography services. The van travels to businesses, corporations, senior centers, health care facilities, health fairs and other locations in New Haven, Fairfield, Middlesex and New London counties. The mobile mammography van is equipped with a digital mammography unit including a comfortable waiting area and a private changing and exam room. Registered mammography technologists deliver gentle and compassionate care.
Who can receive a mammography?
To receive a digital screening mammography on the mobile van you must be at least age 40 with no known breast problems and have not had a screening mammography in the last 12 months. Annual screening mammography is recommended for women age 40 and older.
Request the Van
The Yale New Haven Health Mobile Mammography Van service is offered Monday through Saturday for businesses, corporations, senior centers, health care facilities and health fairs throughout New Haven, Fairfield, Middlesex and New London counties. Please review the site visit guidelines below. If your location meets these guidelines:
- Complete the online form here
- Call the Program Coordinator (203) 200-5251, Eileen Hansen, RN
A site visit requires a minimum of 12 women and a maximum of 20. Walk-ins are not accepted. A representative from your site will be responsible for the following:
- Schedule a site visit three months prior to scheduled date
- Publicize the van coming to your site 60-90 days prior to the schedule date. Be sure to include information about eligibility criteria.
- Make sure a minimum of 12 women are signed up at least 12 business days before the screening date. If the minimum requirement is not met by the deadline, the mobile visit will be subject to cancellation.
- Assist in following up with women whose mammograms are abnormal.
- The Mobile Mammography van must be parked on a paved, level area.
- The van is 40 feet long and requires a 9-foot width and 14- foot height clearance. Sharp turns in narrow areas cannot be made.
- The parking site should not have low tree branches.
Scheduling Patient Information
- If scheduling is being done by the location the completed schedule MUST be faxed to the mammography office at (203) 200-2064 or emailed to the Breast Center Manager at Eileen.Hansen@ynhh.org at least two weeks prior to the van’s scheduled visit. A failure to do so may result in the day being cancelled.
- If women are calling in to schedule their own appointments, they should call (203) 688-1010 and tell the scheduler that they wish to schedule an appointment on the mammography van on such and such a date. The scheduler will then let them know what time slot(s) is/are available for that day and location.