Research & Publications
Richard Edelson holds a B.A. from Hamilton College in New York and an M.D. from the Yale School of Medicine. Before coming to Yale in 1986, he was head of the Immunobiology Group in Columbia University’s Comprehensive Cancer Center and associate director of that institution’s General Clinical Research Center.
While on the Yale faculty, he has served continuously as chairman of the department of dermatology and, at various times, as director of the cancer center, deputy dean for clinical affairs, director of the Cancer Center’s Lymphoma Research Program, and a member of both the Yale-New Haven Hospital Board of Trustees and Yale Medicine Board of Governors. He is a member of the American Society for Clinical Investigation and the Association of American Physicians, and an honorary member of several international medical associations.
Education & Training
- MDYale University (1970)
- Senior ResidentColumbia-Presbyterian Hospital
- ResidentMassachusetts General Hospital
- InternUniversity of Chicago
- FellowNational Institute of Health
- Board CertificationAB of Dermatology, Dermatology (1977)
- Cancer ImmunizationChina 2008Dr. Richard Edelson is working with colleagues at Shanghai University to develop selective immunization against immunogenic cancers.
- Immunization Against Immunogenic CancersIsrael 2008International Health Yale School of Medicine work in selective immunization against immunogenic cancers
- Immunization Against Immunogenic CancersUnited Kingdom 2008Professor Edelson conducts collaborative work with colleagues from King's College, London, on selective immunization against immunogenic cancers.
- Immunogenic CancersSwitzerland 2008International Health Yale School of Medicine work in selective immunization against immunogenic cancers.
- Immunogenic CancersFrance 2008Professor Edelson conducts collaborative work with French researchers at the Hospital St. Louis in France on selective immunization against immunogenic cancers.
- Immunogenic CancersGermany 2008Professor Casten conducted collaborative work with researchers at the University of Munich on selective immunization against immunogenic cancers
Honors & Recognition
|Connecticut Magazine Top Docs 2016||Connecticut Magazine||2016|
|Connecticut Magazine Top Docs 2015||Connecticut Magazine||2015|