Yale Cancer Biology Institute
The Yale Cancer Biology Institute (YCBI) connects scientists from across Yale to study the common underlying causes of cancer. Traditional cancer research continues to focus on vital questions about the treatment and care of specific types of cancer. Complementing this work, today’s research also seeks to understand core cellular and molecular links across multiple cancers. The purpose of the Cancer Biology Institute is to study this core biology.
The Institute will grow to include 12 or more faculty, representing key areas of cancer biology and new technologies. Close collaboration of laboratories with different sets of expertise and perspectives will break down barriers between disciplines, and will expedite the discovery of new therapeutic options. The YCBI is located on Yale's West Campus, a 136-acre campus that is organized into research institutes and core facilities — all designed to promote collaboration and interdisciplinary dialogue.
Each YCBI member is affiliated with both a Research Program and one or more Disease Aligned Research Team at Yale Cancer Center, with the goal of the Institute being a science driver for clinical and therapeutic innovation at Yale.
Faculty Advisory Committee:
- Barbara Burtness (Medical Oncology)
- Karen Anderson (Pharmacology and Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry)
- Susan Baserga (Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Genetics and Therapeutic Radiology)
- Marcus Bosenberg (Dermatology and Pathology)
- David Calderwood (Pharmacology and Cell Biology)
- Craig Crews (Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology and Chemistry)
- Daniel DiMaio (Genetics and Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry)
- Don Engelman (Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry)
- Valerie Horsley (Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology and Dermatology)
- Peter Glazer (Genetics and Therapeutic Radiology, Chair)
- Lynne Regan (Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry Chemistry)
- David Stern (Pathology)
- Scott Strobel (Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry)
Senior Administrative Assistant
Cancer Biology Institute
840 West Campus Drive
West Haven, CT 06516